What You Can Do When There Is a Bomb Threat
Bomb threats are rare, but should always be taken seriously. How quickly and safely you react to a bomb threat could save lives, including your own. What should you do?
CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO AND LEARN MORE
- Remain calm.
- Call 9-1-1 immediately and report a bomb threat to local law enforcement providing as much detail as you can.
- Follow law enforcement instructions.
- Evacuate the area and seek protective cover from the bomb and potential debris—these are the best ways to avoid injury.
- Do NOT approach or inspect suspicious items or unattended packages.
- Do NOT congregate near the incident scene as onlookers may impede first responders and law enforcement.