This department directs the physical growth of the City and provides a full range services, including:
- Building & Permitting
- Community Redevelopment Agencies
- Housing & Neighborhood Services
Serving Cocoa to build a stronger, more vibrant and livable community that provides an enhance quality of life for both residents and businesses; embraces its diversity; and preserves and promotes our historical and cultural heritage.
- Issues building permits, reviews site and building plans, and inspects buildings and sites.
- Issues Local Business Tax Receipts and renewals.
- Oversees federal and state housing and community development grant funds.
- Oversees the City's two CRAs - Cocoa and Diamond Square.
- Performs Emergency Management Support Functions related to post emergency damage assessment.
The Administration manages all the functions of the department and ensures that all activities and special projects are meeting community needs in an effective and efficient manner.