Housing & Neighborhood Services
What is the 5-year consolidated plan? The Consolidated Plan is designed to help states and local jurisdictions to assess their affordable housing and community development needs and market conditions, and to make data-driven, place-based investment decisions.
The Housing and Neighborhood Services Division administers federal and state funded community development and housing programs whose common goal is to improve the quality of life for Cocoa's income-eligible residents and revitalizing neighborhoods. Programs include the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership Program.
Rental & Mortgage Assistance Available
- Homebuyer down payment assistance
- Housing repair assistance
- Demolition and reconstruction
- New housing construction
- Neighborhood park or public facility improvements
- Funding assistance to a variety of non-profit agencies