Request a meter

Establishing Service

A new customer desiring to connect to Cocoa's water and/or sewer system (new construction) may apply for the desired service by first obtaining a cost summary from the Engineering Department. Once the cost quote is available, the customer shall pay for the new connection by contacting the Customer Service Division. Upon payment, work orders are entered for Engineering to request a permit if needed and for Water Field Operations (WFO) to install the new connection.

As deemed necessary by the Utilities Director, some projects may require off-site improvements or hydraulic studies to assess the impact of the proposed service on existing customers. All costs for studies or off-site improvements will be paid by the customer. The general requirements are described in the City’s Technical Provisions and Standards Details and Utilities Handbook.

Contracting Utility Service to Existing Connections

Anyone may apply for water and/or sewer service to a property within the appropriate service area provided they are the owner, owner’s agent, or a prospective tenant of the property to be served.

The Customer Service Division must treat all applicants in an equal and nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, sex, age, ethnicity, national origin, disability, mental illness or ability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, sex characteristics, religious, creed, political opinions, or marital status.

A new Request for Service Application form (referred to as Application) must be submitted for every water/sewer connection, including transferring service to a new location, regardless of prior connections to an existing address or account holder history PRIOR to receiving utility service. A Service Initiation Fee, in accordance with the current schedule of rates, fees, and charges, will be due for the processing of any new application and meter install. See the Utilities Handbook, Schedule B: Miscellaneous Rates, Fees & Charges for details.

More detailed information is available in the Utilities Handbook Section 5-Establishing Service.