Facilities Management Division
The Facilities Division provides in-house construction services and general maintenance and repair of all public buildings and facilities including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, painting, and ventilation systems. Facilities maintenance also provides custodial services for all city buildings providing the facilities are clean and attractive; as well as, protecting a significant public investment. Without the proper level of maintenance and custodial services, facilities quickly depreciate resulting in exaggerated repair and replacement costs.
Non-Routine Maintenance Accomplishments
- Assisted with the installations of two 80KW emergency generators; one for the utilities administrative building at 600 School Street and one for the Emergency Operations Center on Brunson Boulevard
- Repair of the Whitley Bay boardwalk damaged by Hurricane Wilma in October 2005
- Removing usable fixtures and recyclable materials in the Old Post Office in Cocoa Village before it was demolished
Routine Maintenance Activities
- Replace bulbs in the decorative street light poles
- Annual and Quarterly building assessments checking for structural damage
- Preventative maintenance program for plumbing and electrical.